Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Back to the Basics

All this week I'm promoting my book, Raze, Shine #6. I'm going back to the basics, and today, I'm telling you a little bit about myself that you may not have known.
About Me: I’m a stereotypical mommy. I have four kids, a husband, one cat
and one dog.

I fill my days with PTA meetings and football practice and ballet lessons. I even drive a minivan.
I became an author so I could beat the stereotype. Mommies don’t write fantasy novels in their spare time, do they?
Then I went to a writing conference filled with seven hundred other mommies who all drove minivans and went to PTA meetings and wrote fantasy novels in their spare time.
I’ve got one thing going for me—I write about the un-stereotype—the people who are weird and different and quirky. My life may be filled with paying bills and washing dishes, but my characters can do whatever they please.
Secretly, I’m not a stereotype. I hate chick flicks, my cooking is sub-par, and I’m a horrible seamstress. But that’s why I love to write, to make up for all my inadequacies, and to help other people see that in many ways, we’re all the same. When we look a little closer, I find that we all feel the same kinds of emotions. We feel sad or happy or ecstatic. We feel pain. We feel gratitude. We feel peace.
I believe that we’re all weird and different and quirky, and that’s what makes us unique.

About my book: In the near future, a few young women manifest extraordinary abilities called "Shine." Each girl's ability is different. Some develop extraordinary mental abilities. Some become physically strong. Others have powers that defy description. But the world does not embrace these Shines. It fears them.

As professional hellraisers, sisters May and Lillie Wheaton believe they’re prepared for any situation. A client hires them to find her missing daughter and it seems like just another job until they realize the lost girl is a Shine. She’s been captured by New York’s most devious gang, the Xeros. May and Lillie track down the Xeros, but are horrified to learn the gang uses Shines in violent, deadly cage fights. Too late, May and Lillie realize the Xeros are smarter than they expected and, armed with the explosive power of Shines, are incredibly powerful. The lines between ally and enemy, between sister and friend, are about to change--fatally. You can buy my book by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment